In case of no acceptance, you can also ask for your personal data to be removed from our database sending the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is openinnovability.com and what is it for?
openinnovability.com is Enel Group’s crowdsourcing platform.
- This platform gives the opportunity for innovators to offer their groundbreaking solutions to companies that have specific challenges they are trying to overcome in an innovative and sustainable manner. Browsing the web site, you can either find Challenges which are specific for which we are looking for innovative solutions. If none of the Challenges interest you yet you have an innovative and sustainable project that you think is suitable for Enel's business, you can submit it through the "I have a project" section. We will proceed to review it and, if found interesting, contact you to discuss the next steps.
If you are an Enel collaborator, you can:
- submit your project for the MAKE IT HAPPEN! program
- discover and request the services made available by Enel Foundation academic partners through the ACADEMIC SERVICES section
What is a Challenge?
- A Challenge is a specific business need that is to be answered in an innovative and sustainable manner
How can innovators benefit from Open Innovability?
- For each challenge being solved, there is a cash price awarded
- Close collaboration and partnership with the Enel Group
- Make your project come true + opportunity to reach a potential market including access to the Enel Group, partners, customers and suppliers
- Play an active role in sustainable development through open innovation
- Express your passion for technological and sustainability challenges
I would like further information regarding one specific Challenge, what can I do?
- If instructed in the Challenge page, you can contact InnoCentive
- You can ask request additional information by sending an email at email@example.com. We will however assess whether or not we can provide additional information. All Innovators must have access to the same information.
Browsing the website, I have found the email: accounts firstname.lastname@example.org and Challenges.email@example.com: what are their purpose?
- For technical support and information about solutions, projects and challenges, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to submit a new challenge to publish and oversee on openinnovability.com, contact Challenges.email@example.com and request to be contacted
- Keep in mind that these mailboxes do not process inquiries that go beyond the crowdsourcing platform: openinnovability.com. For more information and contacts regarding Enel Group, please visit enel.com
How can I register and what are the information required?
- to be register on the Open Innovability platform, you must be at least 18 years of age and have the age majority of the jurisdiction where you reside
- Go to https://openinnovability.enel.com/ENEL_VFP_SignUp
- Create a username and password
- Fill in the personal information requested
- PERSONAL DATA
- JOB TITLE
- Decide if you want to register as an individual or as an organization: keep in mind that this choice implies your participation in "I have a project"
- Click the Save Changes button
- After filling in the registration form, you will receive a confirmation e-mail which will instruct you to verify and complete the registration
I cannot register due technical difficulties, what can I do?
- Try browsing with Google Chrome (latest version)
- If the issue persists, write to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a screenshot of technical issue you are faced with
How do I submit a Solution / Project?
- Remember that you must be able to legally claim ownership of the solution
- After registering for openinnovability.com (FAQ How can I register and what information is required?)
- Enter the either the Challenge’s page you wish to provide solutions to, or the "I have a project" section of our website
- If any, read carefully the specific rules of the Challenge that you find at the bottom of the page (Regulations or CSA Challenge Specific Agreement)
- Click on the "CREATE YOUR SOLUTION" or "CREATE YOUR PROJECT" icon
- Describe your solution by filling in all the required fields:
- Thematic Area (if available)
- Topic (if available)
- Abstract (max 250 characters)
- Description (max 32768 characters)
- Necessity (max 510 characters)
- Benefits (max 510 characters)
- Officially state your legal right to submit your solution
- Submit documents supporting or connecting your solution (max 5 files, max total weight 25 MB)
- Read and accept Terms of usage and regulations
- Click on the button “SUBMIT YOUR SOLUTION”
- You can find the summary of your solution in the menu section "My solutions to Challenges" or on "My project", depending on whether you have participated in a Challenge or I have a project
Where do I find the Challenge rules?
- In some specific case, the terms and regulations document is attached at the bottom of the Challenge page . If not, the Terms of Usage rules (accessible after apply on "CREATE YOUR SOLUTION" or "CREATE YOUR PROJECT") apply
- The rules and regulations document can be called CSA, or Challenge Specific Agreement
I can't participate to a Challenge or send my solution, what can I do?
- Try accessing the website using Google Chrome web browser (latest version)
- If the issue persists, please write an email to email@example.com attaching a screenshot of the issue you are faced with
- If you still can't do it, you can request the proposal form template at the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox. We also remind you to download any rules and regulations document that you must formally accept.
I sent a solution/project, but I forgot to attach a document or make corrections, what can I do?
Contact email@example.com stating:
- the email with which you sent the solution
- the title of the solution
- the changes you want to make.
How will my proposal be evaluated? How do I know if it has arrived? How can I know the development and timing of the evaluation?
- A technical committee will evaluate your proposal based on technical feasibility, economic feasibility, business potential for Enel, innovative factor and overall presentation of the proposal. You will receive a feedback email once the process is completed. Check in the rules and regulations document If the time it takes for your project to be evaluated is mentioned
- In the "My Solutions to challenges " or "My Projects" section you can check the "status" of your proposal
- “Under evaluation” suggests that the process is not finished yet, however, if you think it is appropriate, you can request a verification by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or InnoCentive if specified on the Challenge page
- “Evaluated”, suggests that the process is finished. If you have not received a feedback email, you can request by contacting email@example.com or InnoCentive if specified on the Challenge page
- Check the expiration date of the Challenge in which you participated and any timeline specified in the rules and regulations document
I am an Enel collaborator and I have an innovative idea, I am aware of the "MAKE IT HAPPEN!" program dedicated to Enel personnel but my solution is also suitable for a Challenge: which section is better to submit my idea?
It depends on your objective:
- If you want to test your entrepreneurial skills and share your project through a real pitch in front of Enel Directors, choose MAKE IT HAPPEN!. If your project involves a new business model, in addition to the comparison with the Directors, you could enter an acceleration program and have a hands-on experience on how to launch a startup. Discover all the details in the specific section MAKE IT HAPPEN!.
- Most of the Challenges don’t involve directly the development of the solution offered. In any case, the evaluation process may vary depending on the Challenge.
I have a brilliant idea suitable for Enel's business, how can we work together?
- If you are an Enel collaborator: log in through the specific icon of the menu, browse through the Challenges to find the topic that best fits the solution you want to offer. If you don't find a suitable one, visit the "MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
- If you are not an Enel collaborator: browse through Challenges to find the topic that best fits the solution you want to offer. If you don't find a suitable one, visit the "I Have a Project" section and submit your project in the channel dedicated to the user profile you have chosen (Startup, Big Corporation, Small Medium Enterprise, Social Enterprise, NGO, Researcher, Individual innovator) (also read FAQ How can I register and what information is required?)
- KEEP IN MIND: This is the only official way to participate in Enel's Open Innovation through the crowdsourcing portal openinnovability.com.
I am a passionate about innovation and would love to work at Enel, how can I proceed?
- Go to enel.com/careers and send us your CV
- Some Challenges are rewarded with a partnership with Enel. Browse the Challenges section and check wat is the reward.
I am a Company whose activity can be of potential interest to Enel and I would like to work with you, how do I proceed?
- We have Innovation Hubs all over the world, find all the details and contact informations on the following link: https://startup.enel.com/en/innovation-hub.html
- Browse through the Challenges, there may be "call for startups" that are open
- Send your project in the "I have a project" section, registering as Startup or SME
- KEEP IN MIND: This is the only official way to participate in Enel's Open Innovation through the crowdsourcing portal openinnovability.com
Regarding the Enel Innovation Hubs:
- We have Innovation Hub s all over the world, find all the details and contacts at the following link: https://startup.enel.com/en/innovation-hub.html
- Browse the Challenge, there may be open "call for startups"
- Send your project in the "I have a project" section, registering as Startup or SME
Does Enel invest in startups?
- Enel does not invest in the capital of startups but operates as an industrial partner. It invests in individual projects, paying startups during the development phase, and provides support in finding capital through its banking partners and Venture Capital. Enel tends to work with established startups that have at least one commercial prototype.
- You can enter the scouting process by entering your project in the "I have a project” section. Select the category “Are you a Startup? Make your innovation a reality ”. You must be registered as an Organization, Startup profile. You can apply to every challenge. Additionally, in case the award is a “Collaboration with Enel” you have to apply to the specific challenges in the section “Challenges”.
I didn't find the information I was looking for in this FAQs
- This page is for information only and does not represent a contract with Enel. You can contact the support inbox.
- All legal statements and obligations are established exclusively in Terms of usage of the openinnovability.com platform and, if available, in specific Challenge rules and regulations
How are the Intellectual Property Rights governed?
- The challenges are usually governed by a specific set of rules and regulations that also regulates the aspects related to intellectual property rights
- If the Challenge you have chosen does not have a specific rules and regulations, paragraph 5 of the Terms of Usage will apply
Our team is here to help. For additional questions and support, please email us at: